I recently had the pleasure of talking with a few of them and in no particular order, these are the top 10 things I learned:
1) Wake up with the sun. Too many young folks sleep the day away and are unproductive. Wake up with a purpose and enjoy the sunrise.
2) Read twice as much as you watch TV.
3) Deny yourself and save money.
4) Eat healthy so that you can enjoy your golden years.
5) Get plenty of sleep.
6) Drink plenty of water.
7) Get plenty of exercise.
8) Control your use of technology; don’t let technology control you.
9) Enjoy family.
10) Practice loving everybody.
I wonder what it would be like if we spent 2012 with these 10 suggestions?
They all seem so obvious, but why don’t we do them? Who wants to wait for a degenerative disease to happen before we begin to take care of ourselves.
This age group is far more conservative, morally intellectual, far more cultural and more responsible than the generations after them.
Let’s accept the lessons and the responsibility that follows. If not, we might not have any roses to smell.